Friday, February 8, 2008

A Long Way to Go

I don't want this blog to be all about what a wonderful psuedo-hippie I am becoming. I am lacking in many ways. I'm not trying to be self-demeaning here, just realistic so I will be motivated to do better! So let's see where I need improvement ...
1. I did not ride my bike to work at all this week, even though it has been pretty nice the last two days.
2. I drove, by myself, nearly 300 miles on Tues/Wed to go to Winter Park
3. The only thing I've done on the list in my previous blog is #2
4. Also, I want this blog to be about social responsibility, but I have done very little in this arena. My excuse is typically, "I'm a really busy grad student and maybe when I am done with my Master's I'll have time to commit to something!" But, I have realized that this Master's thing is moving really slowly, so instead of waiting to live my life I should be active now! I am kind of interested in volunteering at a women's clinic.

That's it - short and sweet! I hope I can stay motivated and get some stuff done!! Thanks for reading.
:)

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hey, we have about 50% CFL bulbs in the house right now. In fact, they're in the lights that get used the most, ie. the porch light. So don't get too down on yourself, your husband can still bail you out on part of your list!

Rachel said...

I am a slacker too ... being a grad student is a lame excuse, but I love to use it! It's hard to change your way of life. Hopefully this will be a gradual but rewarding process!